Friday 24 February 2017

Idli cutlet.

Today being Shivaratri, my husband decided to fast. I forgot about this and I went ahead and made steaming hot idlis for breakfast. So when he said he wasn't going to have breakfast imagine my horror!!! 
Now I had about 6 idlis leftover with me. I had to somehow make my kid eat it. Idlis for breakfast and snacks- NO WAY:( Now Google came to my rescue and I found this recipe, though a slightly different version. Made this straightaway and my son liked it a lot thinking that it was a regular cutlet.   As it was a festival day I avoided adding onions. 

Ingredients

Idlis - 3
Potato - 1 
Carrot - 1
Peas - a handful
Coriander leaves 
Pav baji masala - 2 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tsp
Chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
Salt - as per requirement 
Oil- as per requirement 

Method 
  1. Boil potatoes, carrot and peas till soft and keep aside to cool when done.
  2. Mash idlis and the vegetables together.
  3. Add all the powders and mix well.
  4. Add coriander leaves and mix again.
  5. Make small patties from this and keep aside.
  6. Patties can either be deep fried or shallow fried as per our taste and convenience.
  7. Serve with ketchup.
Notes
  •  Can also add onions, ginger- garlic paste.

No comments: